Brezden Family Law in London offers Limited Scope ‘Unbundled’ Legal Services
There has been a significant increase in the number of people representing themselves at Family court as they cannot afford to retain a lawyer full-time and they do not qualify for Legal Aid.
Parties who are self-represented do not always get the best results at court and often feel overwhelmed by the legal process. They find themselves frustrated, ignored and may feel at a disadvantage when the other party has retained an experienced lawyer.
Limited scope services also known as “unbundled” legal services, provide a bridge between having a lawyer represent you full time to having no lawyer at all. Under a limited scope services retainer, I can provide legal services for part, but not all, of your family matter.
You remain in control of your matter and it is up to you to decide what you can handle on your own and when you want legal help from a lawyer. I can provide you with legal advice, an understanding of the court process, draft court documents, or attend at court with you.
Here is a list of some of the services that I can provide on an individual basis or together with other services;
- Draft court documents,
- Appear in court with you for a case conference, a settlement conference, a motion or for the matter to be spoken to,
- Provide advice about the legal process, court procedures, and how to prepare for court,
- Assist you in preparing your financial statement and complying with financial disclosure requirements,
- Meet with you for a consultation for legal advice regarding your legal rights and obligations,
- Negotiate on your behalf at any stage in the court proceeding,
- Draft Minutes of Settlement,
- Assist you in preparing for trial
For more information about limited scope services / unbundled legal services, or a limited scope services retainer, go to Ontario’s Family Law Limited Scope Services Project https://www.familylawlss.ca/